Main Street Ledger operates on a Profit First Model.
- We help establish at least three accounts, Operating Account, Reserves Account and Tax Reservers. From there we help you determine if you should have additional accounts to manage cash flow.
The types of businesses we have worked with include
- Home Services – Construction, Home Remodeling, Electricians, Plumbers, Roofers, Siding, Windows, Flooring, Concrete, Tree Removal, Landscaping
- Real Estate – Apartment Buildings, Office Space, Warehouses, Realtors, Storage, Investors, Remodelers, Builders
- Transportation – Personal, Small Freight, Independent Contractors
- Small Businesses – Appraisal, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Inventory Related, Business Services, Sales, Small Offices
For software, we primarily use QuickBooks Online and Desktop as well as Microsoft Office, Google, Yardi, and several cloud service-related platforms.
Other Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
Aside from the day-to-day work in payables, receivables, and reconciliations we spend a lot of time customizing financials that best serve business owners.
In most cases, items are categorized into five basic areas. However, it’s when we create customized sub-accounts where we can really see how a company is performing what it relates to Growth, ROI, Cost of Goods Sold and Profit Margins.
It is not just about recording income and expenses. it’s about breaking out the different income and expenses so you can see where your money really is coming from and going to. This will also help you decide which products to continue and what advertising to discontinue. What areas you can cut costs and what areas you want to invest more in.
Books are reviewed as often as necessary to make sure they are clean and ready to be handed over to a Tax Preparer. The goal of Bookkeeping and Accounting Services is to know how your company performs and also provide a Tax Accountant with something that’s very easy to follow when they enter your data into their tax forms.
We work closely with your Tax Accountant to help you take advantage of as many credits and deductions as you can get. Please let us know when you would be available for an initial 30 – 60-minute call (FREE of charge of course) so that we can discuss your project in more detail and identify the best way to work together.